- it should also be an archive dedicated to the history of the place, so have a “museum” section where there are pictures of old tweets
- browser extension for replacing X (or ex) with twitter as a way to memorialize it
- increasing levels of censorship
- ideas for ritual
- more than 140 characters trim down
- somehow memorialize old twitter UI
- there’s an “Old Twitter” exntesion
why should this exist?
- because twitter is dying a slow slow death and people need a place to mourn
- because people need a place to mourn otherwise will we ever get closure?
- memorialize a tweet into the gravesite
- pick from flowers to add to the gravestone with the tweet imprinted
- what can you memorialize?
- a single twitter link
- a tweet
- a profile
- an event… (how do you capture this? a set of tweets?)
- a single twitter link
- ritual of moving flower before you can add it
- several different patterns to choose from?
- how to calculate that you’re doing the pattern?
- a ghost cursor shows the movements with little counter at top for number of times you’ve done it (maybe 3 times?)
- record ghost cursor movements to show all past people doing it for each one?
- how to display all the flowers on the tombstone? do you need infinite canvas zoom?
I want to create a place to grieve what twitter was and could have been. I want to have one final gathering for the people who were on twitter with me. I want to feel like there is some closure for all of the could have beens that we are holding onto, for those of us for whom Twitter was a transformative place.
- graveyard + funeral on a specific date/time that will be a live event
- website for funeral
- tombstone outside twitter office
- collective piece of writing as detailed in poetic computation discord?
- each flower can be dedicated to a tweet?
- twitter link only accepted, some copy if you share an X link that says “This is a memorial for Twitter. Not X. Please change it to who we are honoring here.”
- this project will die when X stops accepting twitter (so there’s a built-in time bomb)
- show flower while grabbing, make it a fun animation
- the twitter logo is an iframe that links to the twitter site, so when they die it will actually crumble
- each person has to ???
- what if each person has to move their chosen flower / candle in a certain fashion to offer it? and that movement is recorded into the flower and is animated into the flower?
- what if there is a ghost cursor that shows how you do this (takes the flower in a circle and goes up and down a few times to symbolize bowing).
- use tinybase + react? sync to coda for self-moderation?
- built on top of at-proto / web mentions?